Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The fun that almost wasn't.

So, we decided to go out to the see the christmas lights in Ogden. That was the fun part. The not so fun part was what happened before the lights. We stopped at my friends' house to pick up some pictures that we had her take a couple weeks back. She didn't hear the door and we didn't get the pictures. Let me add she lives in Clinton, we live in Bountiful. Trips to Clinton are very few if never. That was a bummer but, we decided that we would try to call her on our way home from Ogden. Next, we ran over to OLD NAVY to find a coat for Lyllee. (Lyllee got TWO snow suits AND coats for christmas last year that would fit, they are just nowhere to be found. Lucky us ;) ) $80 later, the whole family was set. Anyways.. our next stop was the SIZZLER for dinner with grammy and grampy Owen. After the waitress set my large sprite down in front of Andy, he proceeded to try to take a sip by spilling the whole thing down his front. Nice. Then to fix the problem she only brought us 3 napkins, didn't apologize or try to help me clean up. (I just want to stop and say to all my waitress friends out there, being a waitress once also I know some nights just don't go soo well and waitressing can be a tough job with kids at the table. But really, placing a large lidless cup right in front of a one year old?!? How did you think that this was really going to go?) On with dinner. A 4 o'clock salad bar at 5:30 is not that great. My kids wouldn't eat anything. Not even the pizza. Hyrum said it was because it the pizza was hard as a rock. So, my children ate toast and sprite for dinner. To complete the dinner, Lyllee announces that she needs to go potty. I picked her up and that's when I found the puddle in her seat. NICE!! Luckily, we brought a change of clothes for her. I finished changing her and traded for the other child who was drenched from head to toe in my sprite. We didn't have a change of clothes for him. However, I did have an extra extra pair of pants of Lyllee's. So, I did what any mother would do in this situation..
I put the heart pocket pants on my little boy! lol The funny thing was that I only had to roll the waist up once. This kid has long legs and a big waist. Dinner was done. Both kids were screaming. This horrible experience made me re-think christmas lights. Home in bed was sounding more and more intriguing. Hyrum talked me into still going. So off we went.


We parked and to our surprise, Andy was asleep. So, we stuck him in a blankie in the wagon and went on our way. He did wake up pretty fast, I think he sensed that he was missing something good and woke up to see it. He LOVED the lights. He had something to say about all of them. Lyllee liked looking in all of the displays. They had a children's choir singing in the theater. Lyllee liked their singing soo much that she wanted to get up on stage and sing with them! Then we found out that Santa was there. Lyllee wanted to tell Santa that she wanted a tricycle for christmas so, we got in line to see him. He was really cheerful and nice. Lyllee got right up on his lap and froze! He asked her what her name was and she said pointing at the ceiling, "what's that?" We took a picture of her sober face and then he said, "Would you like a candy cane? Her eyes just lit up and she said, "YES!" That smile never left her face after that. Andy thought santa was pretty cool. He gave santa a big toothy grin every time he said something. We got a great picture of him.

We finished walking through the park and headed to the car. The kids were happily eating their candy canes and all was well. It turned out to be the highlight of the night. I even had a missed call from my friend saying that I could still come by on my way home to pick up my pictures. ahh.. beautiful. I'm glad Hyrum talked me into still going, it was really fun and it put me back into the happy holiday mood.

Thanks for the Awesome pictures Wendy! We Love them.

No comments: