We had a good Valentines Day filled with LOTS of good food and treats. Our festivities actually started Saturday night. Our ward had a Valentines dinner party. So, Hyrum and I got a babysitter for the kids and headed off to some of our neighbors house for dinner. There were four couples there. We had a sort of tomato basil chicken thing that was really good with some veggies and a salad. The main conversation at dinner was about just that.. dinner food. We have some really good cooks in our ward.After dinner we met the everyone at the church for dessert. The first thing I thought when I walked into the gym was HIGH SCHOOL DANCE! lol There were decorations everywhere! In the middle of the room there were three long tables PACKED FULL of desserts! Everything from eclairs, cream puffs, stuffed strawberries to apple cobbler. I was so full from dinner that I couldn't try everything. There were desserts that I had never seen before. (the kid from willey wonka would have died if they saw all the different chocolate things!) They had a really short block of entertainment, a few kids sang love songs from different genres. It turned out to be pretty fun and filling!
This morning, I cooked everyone french toast and Hyrum made his awesome hash browns. For lunch we went to the Texas Roadhouse. It was a long wait with kids but the food there is pretty good. We took Lyllee around when the weather cleared up a little to deliver a few Valentines. She really enjoyed making them but, was a little sad to give them away. lol She got over that really quick when we went by my grandma's house. My grandma gave Lyllee a valentine full of candy. This evening my sister came up and made a chicken pot pie dinner for everyone. For dessert she made some fruit pizzas. I'm sure that in the last two days I must have gained at least 2-3 pounds.
This Valentine's Day has been really fun.

1 comment:
I ate more treats this Valentines than I did the entire Christmas season!
Thanks for the Valentine. Maggie loved it.
Max saw Hyrum yesterday and he said "He was my favorite church teacher". He's never said that so that is a true compliment!
Post a Comment