Our life was turned upside down this morning when my precious little Madi had a seizure. We had just got home from dropping Lyllee and Andy off at school and I told Samantha to go lie down because she wasn't feeling good. I started cleaning the dishes from breakfast when I heard Madelyn walk down to her room. I went down the hall to see what she was doing because I didn't want her to bother Samantha. Just as I looked into the girls room Madelyn just bent over like she was going to pick something up and then fell over on her side and started shaking. When she didn't get up I went to her and tried to talk to her. She wasn't responsive. Her body just kept shaking and her eyes were going up in the back of her head. I picked her up and ran to the front-room. I kept trying to talk to her and when nothing changed I called 911. After talking to the dispatcher, I unlocked the front door and called Hyrum to let him know what was going on. Everything happened so fast. No more than five minutes past when the paramedics came she finally stopped shaking. She looked around for a second and then went right to sleep. They took her vitals, her heart rate was starting to slow down. They said that going to sleep was normal after a seizure.
Hyrum came through the front door soon after that and we put the girls in the car and headed over to the hospital. We decided to go to the nearest hospital because we were a bit afraid of Madelyn possibly having another seizure if we drove to Primary's. Hours later, I feel that it was a waste of time going to Davis and should have gone to Primary's anyway. The six hours we spent there were torture for Madelyn. She fought with the nurses trying to draw blood, put in an IV and absolutely freaked out when they tried to put a catheter in (which was never successful). It broke my heart to see my little baby have to get poked with needles and have to hold her down to get a ct scan twice. I kept thinking all day what would have happened if I would have just stayed in the kitchen cleaning. I was freaking out so much that I gave the dispatcher the wrong address. Luckily, on Sunday Hyrum registered our house up on Layton's new 911 program and they were able to tell the paramedics where to go. . Luckily, all the tests came back normal. Unfortunately we still don't know what triggered it so we have an appointment next week at primary children's seizure center for more tests. By the time we finally left the hospital Madi was starting to feel better and has been acting herself more and more.She has brought so much joy and happiness to my life. I don't know what I would do without her.





No comments:
Post a Comment